Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Scotland in the summertime




It has rained since I arrived in Scotland on Midsummer's Eve...seriously, I don't think the weather could get much more miserable...and this is what they call summer, pff. It didn't bother me the first week since I was busy working but since this weekend and the beginning of my official holidays, it's been a bit of joke!! Only accentuated by the fact that the weather has been glorious down in SW1 in Wimbledon, which I've enjoyed watching!

Today I'm cheering for Andy Murray, a fellow Scot and British No.1 (replacing boring-as-hell-Henman) who faces Rafa Nadal in the men's quarter finals. Gutted though because I really want both of them to go forward...watch this space!

On Monday I got 2 wisdom teeth out, it was less dramatic and painful than I had anticipated but now one side of my face is quite noticeably swollen up. I fully believe though, better out than in! At least I won't need to visit Hatanpää any longer...that I can do without! Thankfully my engelchen Agata came through from Edinburgh to visit on Monday and so that took my mind of things for a while, so great to see her and catch up on all the gossip and her life in Scotland, whilst I'm not there ;) wunderbar!

Trying to tie up loose ends and get everything I need for my trip back to Suomi sorted...surely there will be something I forget...invariably!

No comments: